SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH JOURNAL
The Contemporary Issues of Socioeconomic Development in the Republic of Armenia
About the Scientific Research Journal
“The Contemporary Issues of Socioeconomic Development in the Republic of Armenia” Scientific Journal has been published by M. Kotanyan Institute of Economics of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia since 2007 in a single volume (either in one or issues) as a collection of proceeds of the Republican conferences covering the following thematic directions:
- Macroeconomic Issues and Finances;
- Issues on the Real Sector of the Economy;
- Issues on Developing Services Sector and Socio-demographic Stance;
- Theory Research and the History of Economic Thought.
Five of the published volumes have been dedicated to the renowned economists, distinguished researchers in the field of economics, and major anniversaries essential to the country: i.e. the volume published in 2007 was dedicated to the 80th anniversary of the distinguished Armenian economist and scientists, academician, Michael Kotanyan; in 2009, the volume published was dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the talented economist and scientist, academician, Ararat Arakelyan; in 2011, the volume was dedicated to the 20th anniversary of independence of Artsakh and the Republic of Armenia (second issue); and in 2013, two issues of the volume were dedicated to the 70th anniversary (foundation) of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia (1943-2013).
Based on the compliance with the standards and requirements set by the Higher Qualification Committee of the Republic of Armenia for “Publication of main results and provisions of thesis” Periodicals, “The Contemporary Issues of Socioeconomic Development in the Republic of Armenia” Scientific Journal was included in the respective list of periodicals recommended by the Supreme Certifying Commission up to 2018 inclusive.
- Head of editorial board Vladimir Harutyunyan, Corresponding member of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia, Doctor of Economics, Professor (Armenia) CV / Publications
- Yuri Suvaryan, Academician-Secretary of Division of Armenology and Social Sciences (Armenia) CV / Publications
- Robert Sarinyan, Doctor of Economics, Professor (Armenia) CV / Publications
- Grigori Vahanyan, Doctor of Economics, Professor (Armenia) CV / Publications
- Sergey Dokholyan, Doctor of Economics, Professor (Russia) CV / Publications
- Tigran Harutyunyan, Doctor of Economics (Armenia) CV / Publications
- Davit Harutyunyan, Doctor of Economics (Armenia) CV / Publications
- Kristine Baghdasaryan Ph.D. (Armenia) CV / Publications
- Lilit Sargsyan Ph.D. (Armenia) CV / Publications
- Svetlana Dallakyan Ph.D. (Armenia) CV / Publications
- Viktor Zakharian Ph.D. (Austria) CV / Publications
Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
Authors and Authors’ responsibilities: The authors that submit their articles to the journal should guarantee that their articles and its essential substance have not previously been published and are not being considered for publication elsewhere. The authors should guarantee also that the submitted article is free of plagiarism and self-plagiarism.
The responsibility of publishers and editors: Publishers and Editors rate the quality of manuscripts in terms of intellectual content regardless of race, gender, country of residence, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation. Publishers and Editors take reasonable steps to identify and prevent the publication of papers where research misconduct has occurred. In any case, a journal, or its editors do not encourage such misconduct, or knowingly allow such misconduct to take place. If a journal’s publisher or editor becomes aware of any allegation of research misconduct, the publisher or editor shall consider with allegations appropriately. Editors always are ready to publish corrections, clarifications, retractions, and apologies when needed.
Publication fee: The publication in the Journal “The Contemporary Issues of Socioeconomic Development in the Republic of Armenia” is free of charges.
Submission: The submission process includes the step follows:
- The authors should submit their article to the head of the scientific publishing department, Anahit Markosyan by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com .
- During 72 hours the authors will receive the confirmation e-mail. If you don’t receive the confirmation e-mail, please check the spam list of your e-mail. If you have any questions, please send them to Marietta Hambardzumyan (tel.: +374-10-58-19-71, + 374 93 287-257, Address: 15 Grigor Lusavorich Street, 2nd Floor, Room # 4, Yerevan, Armenia 0015).
- Every submitted manuscript proceeds through a double-blind peer-review process.
Peer-review process: Every submitted manuscript proceeds through a double-blind peer-review process. The review process is rigorous and can take 1-2 months. In case the manuscript is approved, it will be published in order.
Every manuscript is reviewed by three independent anonymous experts in these areas. The expert can reject the manuscript, can suggest evaluating it, and can approve it. If the manuscript is approved by all three experts, the manuscript can be published in the journal.
The experts provide the reviewing process by the principles follow:
- The manuscript is free of plagiarism and self-plagiarism
- The manuscript is related to the scientific direction of the Journal “The Contemporary Issues of Socioeconomic Development in the Republic of Armenia”
- The manuscript has scientific novelty
- The manuscript has an abstract and keywords in 3 languages (Armenian, Russian, and English).
- The manuscript meets the technical requirements․
Peer-reviewer responsibilities: Peer review is important to the journal as it helps make editorial decisions and assist authors in the manuscript improvement process. Reviewers should note the relevant parts of the manuscript where the citation is missing and reveal any similarities with previously published works. Reviewers should not consider manuscripts with any conflicts of interest. In case when a potential reviewer feels unqualified to review the manuscript, that reviewer should notify the editors immediately and decline the review. Manuscripts received for review are confidential documents and will not be shown or discussed with any person without authorization from the editors. The authors should expect to receive reviewer reports in 1-2 months. Publisher and editors have no tolerance for Reviewer misconduct (breach of confidentiality, delay of peer review, plagiarism, or conflicts of interest).
The technical requirements are stated below:
- The manuscripts should be written in Armenian, Russian, or English languages,
- The manuscripts should include the title of the article (uppercase text, center alignment), the name, surname, and patronymic (uppercase text, alignment to the left), academic degree and title, workplace, and position of the author/authors in entirety. Please also mention the contact details;
- The manuscript should be submitted in B5 format, 10-15 pages;
- The text of the article should be written in Sylfaen, borders 2cm, font-size: 11 pt., 1.0 spaced;
- Please use footnotes while citing the original source. Numbering of footnotes must be continuous. Please avoid citing articles published in predatory journals, on news web sites, tutorials, workbooks, and study guides. We highly recommend citing articles published in high-impact journals.
- Each literature citation made in the body of your original manuscript needs to have a corresponding entry in the References section at the end of your paper, with each reference written as in the original language (Armenian, Russian, and English) and in the alphabetical order. The format of References is as follows:
- Հարությունյան Վ․Լ․, Սարինյան Ռ․Ն․, ՀՀ ԳԱԱ Մ. Քոթանյանի անվան տնտեսագիտության ինստիտուտի գիտական ներդրումը, Լրաբեր Հասարակական Գիտությունների, N2, 2013, էջ 51-63;
- Ваганян Г.А., Габриелян Б.В., Ваганян О.Г., Проблемы управления научным и инновационно-технологическим развитием стран-участниц ЕАЭС, Большая Евразия: Развитие, безопасность, сотрудничество. Ежегодник 2020, том 3, N2, стр.644-648;
- Brans M., Theories of local government reorganization: an empirical evaluation, 1992, p. 429-452
- The transliterated REFERENCES must follow the References and should be written as in the original language, as well as in the roman script. For transliteration of the references in Russian and Armenian to roman script please follow the link: https://translit.cc/and https://translit.cc/am/;
- At the end of the article should be an abstract (200-300 words) and 8-12 keywords in Armenian, Russian and English (with an indication of the article’s title, name, surname, academic title and degree, workplace and position).
Article structure and Abstract
Your article must be structured as follows:
- Introduction, where the author states why the problem addressed is important and how thoroughly it is studied or addressed by other scholars, and state the purpose and the objectives of your study;
- Literature Review, where the author needs to present the approaches to the given problem by other scholars;
- Methodology, where the author presents the methods utilized to carry out the main analysis;
- Analysis, where the authors presents the main analysis;
- Scientific novelty;
- Conclusion, where the author should interpret his/her results, and their possible application.
Your abstract must be written in 3 languages and structured as follows:
- Relevance of the article;
- Main Findings;
- Scientific novelty;
- Possible application of main results.
Copyright and open access licenses: The Journal “The Contemporary Issues of Socioeconomic Development in the Republic of Armenia” is a peer-reviewed open-access journal. All articles published are free for everyone to read, download, copy, and distribute. Journal’s policy allows the author to retain the copyright in their articles. Articles are instead made available under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial (CC-BY-NC) license.
Archiving: All the issues of “The Contemporary Issues of Socioeconomic Development in the Republic of Armenia” get archived in the National Book Chamber of Armenia (4 hard copies) and National Library of Armenia (4 hard copies).
Publishing schedule: The Journal “The Contemporary Issues of Socioeconomic Development in the Republic of Armenia” is published one time in 12 months. In case of special issues, it can be published 2 times in 12 months.
Inviting Authors: We uphold the same high standards as our Institute, and expect that manuscripts published in The Journal “The Contemporary Issues of Socioeconomic Development in the Republic of Armenia” should have high quality, as well as meets the principles following:
- honesty in all aspects of research;
- scrupulous care, thoroughness, and excellence in research practice;
- transparency and open communication;
- care and respect for all participants in and subjects of research.
You can download the sample article here:
Manuscripts submission deadline: August 20, 2021