REPORT ON THE MAIN RESULTS OF THE RESEARCH AND SCIENTIFIC-ORGANIZATIONAL ACTIVITIES OF M. KOTANYAN INSTITUTE OF ECONOMICS OF THE NAS OF THE RA FOR 2016
The Most Important Results
Within the scope of the research project entiteled “The Issues of Assessment of the Financial and Economic Activities of Economic Agents in the Republic of Armenia and the Ways of thereof Improvement” (Team Leader: AshotBayadyan, Doctor of Sciences (Economics)) the followings have been proposed:
- The promotion of investment projects in various sectors, reduction of budgetary expenditures, improvement of tax administration, the enlargement of programs aimed at loaning the SMEs ensuring the competition,
- To ensure the implementation of the comprehensive quantitative methodology envisiged for the assessment of the competitiveness of the companies have been proposed. It is a necessity for all the enterprises.
Within the scope of the research projectentitled“The Issues of Integration Processes of the Republic of Armenia” (Team Leader:AshotTavadyan, Doctor of Sciences (Economics)) the followings have been proposed:
- It is necessary to elaborate a new model of economic development of the Republic of Armenia which would take into account both internal and external challenges that the Armenian economy is facing and would predict the expected outcomes;
- It is deduced that the recommendations regarding the effective usage of the opportunities of the EAEU integration should also take into consideration the issues of economic security of Armenia;
- Armenia has a considerable potential to develop fruitful and productive trade and economic relations with both neighbor countries such as Iran and Georgia as well as with some of the EU member countries.
Within the scope of the research project entitled “The Issues of Fiscal Policy Improvement in the Republic of Armenia” (Team Leader: Karen Sargsyan, Candidate of Sciences (Economics)) the followings have been proposed:
- The reduction of the tax burden and the enlargement of the tax base are of a primary importance for the improvement of the business climate, for ensuring economic growth and for the release of social tension. Indeed, such policies would enable to make the tax system more effective. And in order to improve the tax system the following measured have been proposed:
- The application of the differentiated rates of VAT, particularly the introduction of reduced VAT rate with respect to the goods and services of vital importance;
- The application of accelerated depreciation with respect to the corporate tax;
- The reduction of the taxed profit proportionally to the amount envisaged for financing the new investments;
- The revision of maximum norms deductible expenses out of the profit of the company;