REPORT ON THE MAIN RESULTS OF THE RESEARCH AND SCIENTIFIC-ORGANIZATIONAL ACTIVITIES OF M. KOTANYAN INSTITUTE OF ECONOMICS OF THE NAS OF THE RA FOR 2015
The Most Important Results
Within the scope of the research project entitled “The Possible Impact of the Accession to the Eurasian Economic Union on the Economy of the Republic of Armenia” (Team Leader: Ashot Tavadyan, Doctor of Sciences (Economics)):
- It has been justified that it is required to correct and agree upon the priorities of the economic policy of the EAEU member-states, define objectives, and design a new model of economic development;
- The principles for the choice of integration directions of the economic development of the Republic of Armenian have been designed;
- It has been justified that the possibility of designing the best scenario of the EAEU functioning is rather high only in case if all key requirements of the Agreement on the EAUE are met, and agreed fiscal, monetary and specifically currency policies are implemented;
Within the scope of the research project entitled “Issues of the Public Debt Management and Approaches to address them in the Republic of Armenia” (Team Leader: Ashot Bayadyan, Doctor of Sciences (Economics)):
- It has been stressed and justified the need for separating the public debt management and political decision-making processes from each other;
- The importance of defining the purpose of each loan agreement that would increase the public debt, and the need for supreme right with respect to borrowing decisions have been justified;
- In order not to face a debt crisis it has been proposed to increase the share of the domestic public debt in the total public debt, and, namely, the share of savings bonds.
- In order to ensure the manageability of the public debt it has been proposed to define by the law additional threshold and/or constraint criteria with regard to the public debt.
Within the scope of the research project entitled “The Demographic and Material Losses during the Genocide and Reparation Issues” (Team Leader: Vladimir Harutyunyan, the Full member of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia, Doctor of Sciences (Economics), Professor):
- Interpretations on demographic, material and financial losses caused by the Genocide have been provided;
- The above stated losses have been estimated based on the records of the National Archives of Armenia;
- The issues of the possible forms of compensation for losses have been studied;
- The issues on international responsibility for the committed genocide, establishment of the Genocide Fund, and Reparation and/or Compensation package have been studied.